Respite Care in Manotick
The function of respite care is to provide specialized, in-home care, or to arrange alternate living quarters on a temporary basis for the elderly in Manotick, in order to provide relief for the primary caregiver or family member helping to sustain the health of an elderly individual. The typical amount of time for respite care ranges from a few hours or to a few days as required.
Respite care allows the contracted caregivers or family member to avoid ‘Caregiver Burnout’. Caring for seniors with distressed health is difficult.
In Manotick, caregivers have extraordinary talent and compassion for helping people with debilitating health issues but need to be aware of the dangers to their own health and well-being. Everyone needs to take a break once in a while. In many different cases, we find family members or close friends, who are falling into poor mental or physical health themselves, while taking on the task of handling the comfort and health of seniors.
The following symptoms can be signs of ‘Caregiver Burnout’:
- Loss of self-interests
- Losing interest in social interactions
- Signs of Depression or Anxiety
- Poor health
- Change in sleeping patterns
There may be other indicators that a caregiver is reaching a state of burnout, but by allowing Retire–At-Home to step in, the primary caregiver can have a break and still keep their sense of well-being by:
- Identifying with their interests
- Relaxing & recharging
- Regaining their mental acuity
- Reconnecting with friends and family
To mitigate these issues, the Retire–At-Home service in Manotick offers three avenues that primary caregivers may choose from:
- Offering an alternate caregiver to provide break times for the primary caregiver during normal working hours.
- If the primary caregiver leaves for a vacation, the senior may move to an alternate facility for the interim under the care of the alternate.
- This third option entails the senior attending a senior day-care facility. This can occur once a week or as much as feasible to provide a resting period for the primary caregiver.
We offer a wide range of In-Home Senior Health Care Services in Manotick to help you remain in your home for as long as you wish.
All of our employees and managers in Manotick are trained to work with you in a compassionate, non-intrusive way. Whether you would like simple companionship or require around the clock care, we will tailor our home care service for you. For more information on our Respite Care services please give us a call at 613-369-5100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our Manotick home care company