Respite Care in Gatineau
The purpose of respite care is to unburden the primary caregiver or family members who look after a senior in need. At Retire-At-Home in Gatineau, we provide in-home care, daily relief, or temporary living arangements for seniors whose caregivers need a little break.
Without respite, a caregiver may experience what is called “caregiver burnout,” which results in neglect of relationships, depression, poor health, restless sleep patterns, and can have a damaging effect on the psychological and physical vitality of both the caregiver and their loved one.
At Retire-At-Home, we understand that being a caregiver requires patiences, compassion, and a special talent for helping those in need. But sometimes, it’s important to take time to care for oneself. With our Respite Care services, we strive to reduce burnout by providing the following services.
- An alternate caregiver to provide breaks for the primary caregiver .
- An temporary, alternate facility for the senior while the caregiver is out of town.
- A senior day-care facility, attended daily or weekly to relieve the caregiver for a few hours a day.
With proper rest and respite, a caregiver or family member should experience:
- An increase in mental acuity
- Greater enthusiasm for interests and hobbies
- Stronger relationships with family and friends
We offer a wide range of In-Home Senior Health Care Services in Gatineau to help you remain in your home for as long as you wish.
All of our employees and managers in Gatineau are trained to work with you in a compassionate, non-intrusive way. Whether you would like simple companionship or require around the clock care, we will tailor our home care service for you. For more information on our Respite Care services please give us a call at 613-798-5111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our Gatineau home care company