Respite Care in Kemptville
Respite care is a form of relief care for the primary caregiver with the function of providing specialized, in-home care for the elderly in Kemptville. At a minimum, this service provides a few hours replacement Caregiver. However, the service is available on an as-needed basis.
The driving force behind this service is to allow the contracted caregivers or family members to avoid ‘Caregiver Burnout.’ This is a condition resulting in adverse effects that are both physical and mental. Being aware of this shows that caring for seniors – or anyone with a condition that is debilitating in nature – is difficult and hard work.
Having said that, it means that to be an effective caregiver in Kemptville a person needs compassion and a talent for helping others in need. Also, all who work in this field understand that they should take a break every so often. In many different cases, we find family members or close friends that are falling into poor mental or physical health in their own right after taking on the task of handling the comfort and health of seniors. Unfortunately, without a break the added stress, can result in an overwhelming and frustrating situation for both parties involved.
The following symptoms can be signs of ‘Caregiver Burnout’:
- Loss of self-interests
- Losing interest in social interactions
- Signs of Depression or Anxiety
- Poor health
- Adverse Change in sleeping patterns
There may be other indicators that a caregiver is reaching a state of burnout,
but by allowing Retire-At-Home to step in, the primary caregiver can have a break and still keep their sense of well-being by:
- Identifying with their interests
- Relaxing & recharging
- Regaining their mental acuity
- Reconnecting with friends and family
To mitigate these issues, there are three types of respite care services in Kemptville that primary caregivers may choose from:
- Offering an alternate caregiver to provide break times for the primary caregiver during regular working hours.
- If the primary caregiver leaves for a vacation, the senior may move to an alternate facility for the interim under the care of the alternate.
- This third option entails the senior attending a senior day-care facility. This can occur once a week or as much as feasible to provide a resting period for the primary caregiver.
We offer a wide range of In-Home Senior Health Care Services in Kemptville to help you remain in your home for as long as you wish.
All of our employees and managers in Kemptville are trained to work with you in a compassionate, non-intrusive way. Whether you would like simple companionship or require around the clock care, we will tailor our home care service for you. For more information on our respite care services please give us a call at 613-798-5111 or email us at email@example.com
Learn more about our Kemptville home care company