Worried about loved ones feeling isolated and alone during the COVID-19 pandemic?
For a limited time, we are offering 20% off all services to help you or a loved one.
For a limited time, Retire-At-Home by Affinity Health is making it easier and more accessible to care for your loved ones who may be alone and feeling isolated during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are offering all of our services at 20% below our normal rates so that families can feel a little more at ease that their loved ones are cared for during this time. This discounted rate applies to all new service requests.
Our nurses, personal support workers and companion are taking COVID-19 training and undergo daily COVID-19 screening, and will help your loved ones better manage their chronic conditions, medications, nutrition, and activities of daily living just as we would get their groceries, keep things neat and clean or just be a companion so that no one feels alone during this time.
Call us to better understand how we can help and about our reduced rates. COVID-19 is causing fear and panic and it would be comforting to know that our loved ones are cared for and shielded from the anxiety that can exist giving family members peace of mind.
COVID-19 Preparedness and Notice to our Clients
Dear Valued Client;
Retire-At-Home by Affinity Health is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and secure work environment for our Clients and Employees. The international situation with respect to the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic continues to develop and although the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases are rising, with some being in Ontario now, the risk still remains low for Canadians including that for our Clients and Employees. It can be scary to hear about what is going on, and in some cases this can cause anxiety and panic.
Please remember to remain calm and as per Ontario Public Health our best defence against is prevention, diligence and pro-active actions such as:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid large gatherings and crowds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and share your recent travel history with your health care provider.
Retire-At-Home by Affinity Health management team continues to monitor the situation on a daily basis, providing updates and direction to staff as required. Affinity Health has a detailed Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan, that we have been implementing efficiently and strategically to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and mitigate the potential harm it can bring to vulnerable populations.
Retire-At-Home by Affinity Health is following direction from Home Care Ontario, and local and global health authorities, including the World Health Organization and we are taking the following precautionary measures to help stop the spread of virus:
- Self-screening tools to identify COVID-19 (daily, weekly, monthly) used by staff;
- Supervisory screening of staff and clients by nurse case managers;
- Telephone Screening of staff and clients;
- Regular reminders and training for staff on:
- Proper hand hygiene (including regular hand-washing with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer);
- Refraining from touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Respiratory etiquette (cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand);
- Staff staying home if sick.
- Ensuring adequate supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Increased levels of cleaning and disinfection of the work environment (which includes private client homes).
We encourage you and your families to monitor your health closely; our caregivers will also be assisting clients with this. In the event that you or a family member falls ill, please contact your local public health and seek medical attention as advised. Despite the growing concern and attention this virus has drawn, we must continue to remain calm and remember that prevention remains our best strategy.
Our Case Managers will be calling all clients during this pandemic to answer question and provide guidance and reassurance regarding COVID-19. We can always be reached at 1-800-565-CARE, additionally we can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have any questions, concerns or require more information.
Retire-At-Home by Affinity Health Management