Palliative Care & Hospice Care
There comes a time in all our lives when we are forced to say goodbye to someone we love. If your loved one chooses end of life care in the comfort of home, your loved one may get the opportunity to enjoy some special final moments in the presence of their family, friends, pets and possessions.
Retire-At-Home Ottawa can provide the professional and compassionate services to maintain their dignity and privacy during this difficult time. We will help the family manage all the daily tasks such as personal care, meals and home support, to ensure they can maximize their quality time with their loved one.
Definition: What is Palliative Care?
Retire-At-Home Ottawa’s Palliative Care or Hospice Care is compassionate care of the patient and family when cure is no longer possible. The care provided is designed to give support to people in the final phase of a terminal illness and focus on comfort and quality of life rather than cure.
Palliative Care or Hospice Care strives to help clients and families in Carp ON:
- Address physical, psychological, social, spiritual and practical issues, and their associated expectations, needs, hopes and fears;
- Prepare for and manage self-determined life closure and the dying process;
- Cope with loss and grief during the illness and bereavement.
Palliative Care or Hospice Care aims to:
- Monitor and manage ongoing issues and concerns related to the client’s health and well-being;
- Provide preventative measures and continuity of care for complete comfort of the client;
- Promote opportunities for meaningful and valuable experiences, personal and spiritual growth, and self-actualization.
- Palliative Care or Hospice Care is appropriate for any client and/or family living with a terminal illness, regardless of age, and at any time they have unmet expectations and/or needs, and are prepared to accept care.
Our Palliative Care and Hospice Care in Carp
This is an extremely challenging time for everyone involved, and that’s why our experienced and well-trained caregivers and nurses will provide truly compassionate and holistic care that strives to improve quality of life – physically, mentally and emotionally – during their final stages.
Our Care Management and Palliative Care Team in Carp have a special working relationship with a palliative care outreach program, including experienced doctors and specialists, to implement and manage a customized care plan that is suited to the needs and preferences of your loved one.
Our total care approach to hospice palliative care includes:
- Daily monitoring of the client’s health and revision of their care plan as needed;
- Assistance with pain management;
- Regular sponge bathing and personal care;
- Mouth care;
- Positioning and repositioning in bed to promote skin integrity;
- Monitoring of and assistance with dietary needs;
- Regular communication with palliative care doctors and other health professionals involved;
- Regular communication with family members;
- Ensuring the dignity, respect, and privacy of the client as per their direction and religious beliefs;
- Arrangements for Home Medical Equipment and Supplies;
- Filling in the gaps with public services to ensure consistency of care.
Let our team of palliative care specialists manage the end-of-life stages for your loved one, day or night. With our support, you can spend quality time with them and share your lifetime of memories one last time.
We offer a wide range of In-Home Senior Health Care Services in Carp to help you remain in your home for as long as you wish.
All of our employees and managers in Carp are trained to work with you in a compassionate, non-intrusive way. Whether you would like simple companionship or require around the clock care, we will tailor our home care service for you. For more information on our Paliative and Hospice Care services please give us a call at 613-369-5100 or email us at email@example.com
Learn more about our Carp home care company